Monday, February 1, 2010

Chapter 2 - The Darkness is Coming

Eli`s Dreams
The Darkness is Coming
I was back on the hill again, though the soft comfort of the night was gone and the flaming tongues of daybreak were singeing the grass on the horizon. I reached up my hand to the pale orange sky and imagined I was grabbing a piece of the wall. It gathered in my hand like cloth. Carefully, I peeled back my canvas like a sticker to reveal a desert world with deep purple skies and bright colourful auroras waving and flowing above millions of floating white orbs suspended over the dry, brittle ground. Another world... That was when I saw one of the orbs spew a thick black liquid like a fountain, only to be engulfed with it and burned until it was no more than an oily puddle. It was him, I thought almost instantly. I quickly pulled the cloth-like piece of wall back into place. For good measure, I thought of duct tape and duct taped the patch I had pulled on, just in case. I sat down then and started breathing quickly. Panic was taking me over. My place, this endless white canvas, my refuge from all the problems life threw at me, wasn’t safe any more. I could never come back. I could feel the tears on my cheeks, and I tried to fight them back but to no avail. I finally broke down and let the tears take my pain away.
___________________________________________________


___________________________________________________
Crashing dreams.
___________________________________________________
Sweet Dreams!
May Nightmare spare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment