Monday, February 1, 2010

Chapter 5 - I Love Him. Right?

I love him. Right? - Dream Catcher (C.5)
I Love Him. Right?
While I waited for Trevor, my gaze returned to the bed next to me. But when I looked, I had to look twice. The boy was gone. Vanished.
“Lucky,” I muttered under my breath. “Managed to sneak out with out getting caught.”
But then I noticed something. I had gazed at his perfect form long enough before to remember the way the blankets had been lying across his body. The blankets now lied not in casual disarray, as though someone may have gotten out of the bed, but exactly the way they had lied on his slender body before, as though someone had pulled him out from under them quickly and they had fallen to the mattress without being moved.
But it wasn’t just the blanket that tipped me off as on the strange side. Where the boy had once lied, now showed a thin scattering of a tiny gold coloured dust, matching his form. I quickly identified the substance as sand.
Before my mind could ponder the peculiar situation any further, I could hear Trevor calling my name outside the room.
“Eli?” he called softly, tentatively.
“In here Trev!” I called.
Trevor poked his shaggy, blond haired head through the doorway. “How’d you know it was me?”
“You know I’d know your voice anywhere.”
“Even in your dreams?” he asked, trying to fight smiling shyly.
“Even in my dreams.” I smiled slightly internally chuckling. Then I frowned, being reminded as to why I was here.
____________________________________________


____________________________________________
Never let him go.
____________________________________________
Sweet Dreams!
May Nightmare spare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment