Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chapter 7 - Ink & Napkins

Napkins - Dream Catcher (C.7)
Ink & Napkins
...Don’t worry. I won’t let him attack you again.
By now we needed a new napkin to write on. Tracy brought me another.
Oh really?
I felt touched and almost utterly safe now that I knew this strange angel was watching out for me. I had never felt such safety before. I looked up at him as Tracy skated over to pass him the new napkin. He was smiling playfully at me, looking me straight in the eyes passionately from under the brim of his fedora, and just then fear struck through me. The expression plastered on the angel’s face as he twirled the pen like a baton through his fingers brought me straight back to the nightmare. It was the look plastered on Nightmare’s face as he inched closer to me that first time. And now it was on my angel’s.
But the expression broke as Tracy stopped at his table, and he smiled up at her and mumbled a thanks sweetly to her, making her swoon.
He read the message I wrote and rolled his eyes. I finished off what was left of my milkshake as I watched him. Seconds later, Tracy was bringing the napkin back.
Yes really. In fact, you have the whole Gathering looking out for you now after the incident this morning. It’s going to be ok. He’s not going to lay a finger on you again while we can help it.
Oh, but you said he will attack other people too, not just me. Why aren’t you protecting them?
Listen Eli, there is something you have to understand. Nightmare isn’t just some rebel causing havoc. Eli, this is a war. And in war you can’t save everybody.
_____________________________________________


_____________________________________________
Hello Alec
_____________________________________________
Sweet Dreams!
May Nightmare spare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment