Friday, March 5, 2010

Chapter 12 - Blood to Spill, Souls to Save

Blood to Spill, Souls to Save - Dream catcher (C.12)
Blood to Spill, Souls to Save
"Look at what you've done! You're way too powerful for your own good. You're a freak of nature. You must be destroyed." Trevor's mother spoke monotonously.
The words resounded in my brain, they were familiar. She continued to walk towards us, one step at a time. Slow. I heard her shoes tap on the hardwood floor. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. And I remembered Nightmare in my dreams; his shoes clicking excruciatingly slowly on the whitewashed floor. Click. Click.
I shook my head trying to shake the image of Nightmare out of my mind. "Mrs. Kale, please stop and think about this. We can talk. Don't do this. Someone needs to call 911 before your husband dies of trauma. Please, Mrs. Kale, think!"
Trevor's mother just shook her head once sharply. "No, no Eli. I've done enough thinking on this. I've made my choice. What's one life, one body cleansing itself of its treachery so it can be eternal forever? The soul is a black thing, sin scrawled upon its walls. But none is as black as yours. Yours is as black as the night that knows all. I'm right, you know. They've told me, the ones who whisper in the darkness, the makers of dreams. They've told me what you are. They told me what you've done to my Trevor. You need to die."
____________________________________________



____________________________________________
As predicted.
____________________________________________
Sweet Dreams!
May Nightmare spare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment