Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chapter 9 - Would you want to know?

Would you want to know? - Dream Catcher (C.9)
Would you want to know?
The truth was, I dreamed of angels. Well, actually, one angel. She told me things, horrible things, perhaps the kind one never wants to hear. But for some reason, I found them reassuring. She said she was a prophet of the lord, but I didn’t believe her. She told me anyways. She told me how I was going to die.
The first night she said the details were sketchy, perhaps it wouldn’t play out exactly as planned. It bothered me that my death would be planned, that life would be planned. She said it wasn’t something I could change. Then she left.
The second night, I asked her what she knew. She told me. She said it would not be painless, peaceful, or merciful. She said I would not die in my sleep, but murdered by accident. Quick, but excruciatingly painful. I would die in the arms of someone I loved. She left me to my thoughts.
The third night, I asked how I would be murdered. She said it involved knives and could tell me no more. She didn’t stay long that night. I battled with nightmares.
The fourth night, I asked why I died. She said it was complicated. But she told me anyways. She said I would die for someone I loved, but it would not be I who saved her. It was not my time. But she said my turn would come soon enough, when only I had the power to save her from the darkness. When I asked her how I could save her when I was dead, she said certain gifts are only bestowed in the afterlife. Until then, I could only soar high and watch from the stars. She left me puzzling.
She didn’t return again.
___________________________________



___________________________________
Trevor's point of view
___________________________________
Sweet Dreams!
May Nightmare spare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment